Friday, March 9, 2012

Mommy Look! I Found Some Dog Poop for You!!

Mommy Look! I Found Some Dog Poop During Our Nature Walk!
Pin It 

I don't know what it is about this winter, but I've been sick all the time. The other day it was pretty nice out and I really wanted to take the kids on an adventure walk.  I started to get their coats on but then I coughed and hacked away for about five minutes and decided that walking in the wind probably wasn't the best idea for me.

We'd been for a  nature walk the other day and the kids even made some neat nature gifts with salt dough.  We had so much fun that I decided to re-create it in our backyard.  We started looking at the trees and the birds.  I gave them each a little baggie and told them to gather up their FAVORITE thing from the outdoors.  If you are looking for a way to keep kids busy, I highly recommend this activity.  Of course Little Buddy went for the sticks and Munchkin Girl tried to find all the flowers. 
little guy collecting stuff from outide to keep him busy
They did this for at least 30 minutes.  I was really patting myself on the back at this point.  The birds were chirping, I was sitting on the patio sipping some tea for my poor sore throat and the kids were happily gathering items from the backyard and chatting.  I even heard Munchkin say, "Here Little Buddy, I found a good stick for you."

Then they brought their bags over for me to inspect.  They were both so proud.  I was telling them what a good job they'd done and then I gasped.  Little Buddy dumped his baggie out for me.  Take a close look...does that all look like sticks to you?  I thought so too...until I looked closer.  Yep, there are several great pieces of dog poop mixed in with those sticks.  Little Buddy had been out in the yard industriously picking up dog poop along with his sticks.  And that's why I guess I won't win Mother of the Year!


stuff to do with little kids including gathering sticks

 Pin It
Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

10 comments:

  1. lmao -- eh, that chore needed to be done anyway, right? Good job, Little Buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! I could totally see this happening with my boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! Made me laugh out loud and just the sort of thing my boys would do! Delightful gift for you.

    Thank you for linking to Family Frolics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog via a pinterest post. Just too funny! Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rofl! Oh my. I commend you for blogging about this! I seriously can't stop laughing. He did a good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL!!! Sounds like little buddy just earned the chore of picking up the dog poo in the yard. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughter often points out the dog poop and says, "Daddy needs to pick it up." I love that kid.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great find! You are so observant and I'm proud of you for being aware of your surroundings. ipvanish coupons It's nice to see your enthusiasm and dedication to helping out. You're such a big helper.

    ReplyDelete